We are working with one of our International Petrochemical Clients, they are headquartered in Houston, Texas.
We are currently looking for a Construction Superintendent “Early Works”, for the Client’s Ras Laffan Petrochemical Project, based in Qatar.
JOB DESCRIPTION – CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT EARLY WORKS
RLPP is seeking a Construction Superintendent for the Engineering, Procurement and Construction of the Early Works of the Project.
This position will be based in the State of Qatar to execute the Early Works for about 18 months, with the possibility of transitioning to the Pipeline scope, depending on the specific experience and expertise of the candidate.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES, EXPERTISE & SKILLS
- Construction management of Early Works as Owner representative.
- Early Works include site prep (clearing, grading, draining, etc.), temporary fencing, tie-in and installation of main electrical and telecommunications to the construction site and the construction camp, construction camp wastewater treatment plant (WWTP), desal piping and remineralization / chlorination packages and desal and potable water to construction site.
- Work closely together with the Early Works Project Manager, PMT and Project Control team with regards to construction site safety, project constructability, progress monitoring and contractor management.
- Provide construction insights with regards to construction execution plan, constructability review, right-sizing construction manpower levels and construction equipment.
- Provide construction insights and support PMT SME’s with regards to engineering, installation, and operability / maintainability of the WWTP and remin/chlorination packages.
- Ensure construction issues and conflicts are resolved in the best interest of the Company driving the lowest cost options.
- Support to drive Early Works completion safely, on-time, and on-budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Years of relevant experience in construction – 10+
- Years of EPC project experience – 5+
- Work Experience in Middle East (required)
- Work Experience in Qatar and in Qatar Industrial Cities (preferred)
- Mega Project experience (preferred)
- Ethylene, Polyethylene or Pipeline construction experience (preferred)