We are working with one of our International Petrochemical Clients, they are headquartered in Houston, Texas.
We are currently looking for a Civil Structural Engineer “Early Works”, for our Client’s Ras Laffan Petrochemical Project, based in Qatar.
JOB DESCRIPTION – CIVIL STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
RLPP is seeking a Civil Structural Engineer for its Pipeline scope of work during the EPC phase. Initially the Civil Structural Engineer will join the Early Works team at the project site, but focus on and experience with Pipeline design, engineering and installation are among the key required expertise.
This position will be based in the State of Qatar to support the project Early Works initially and transition to the Engineering, Procurement and Construction for the Pipeline Scope of Work afterwards.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES, EXPERTISE & SKILLS
- Civil Structural Engineering for Pipeline Scope as a member of the Owner Project Management Team (PMT).
- Pipeline Scope includes all of the Work necessary to complete the design, procurement, construction, installation, and testing, of both greenfield and brownfield, of 11 pipelines, both above and below ground, with both corridors and road crossings throughout the pipeline right of way in the Ras Laffan Industrial City; a metering station within the construction site; and unloading and loading arms, associated equipment, and tie-ins to existing utilities at Ras Laffan Liquid Product Port.
- Early Works include site prep (clearing, grading, etc.), temporary fencing, tie-in and installation of main electrical and telecommunications to the construction site and the construction camp, construction camp wastewater treatment plants (WWTP), desal piping and remineralization / chlorination packages and desal and potable water to construction site.
- Work closely together with the Pipeline Project Manager and Engineering Manager, PMT and Project Control team with regards to all civil and structural aspects of the Pipeline Scope.
- Conduct reviews of civil and structural plans, calculations and drawings and provide civil and structural insights and feedback to the EPC Contractors.
- Perform inspections and reviews of the scope of work during construction to confirm compliance with Project and Contractor Specifications.
- Support to drive Pipeline Scope and Early Works to completion safely, on-time, and on-budget.
- Engineering Degree, Civil Structural
- Years of relevant experience in civil, structural and/or construction – 10+
- Years of EPC project experience – 7+
- Pipeline Experience (required)
- Work Experience in the Middle East (required)
- Work Experience in Qatar and in Qatar Industrial Cities (preferred)
- Mega Project experience (preferred)