We are working with one of our International Petrochemical Clients, they are headquartered in Houston, Texas, they are looking for an Area Construction Manager (Polyethylene) to join their Project Management Team.
Our client is seeking an Area Construction Manager for the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Pre-Commissioning of the Polyethylene, Bagging Warehouse, Port and OSBL portion of the works.
This position will be based in the EPC office and State of Qatar to execute the Lump Sum EPC for about 47 months. There will be a two to three month pre award transition located in The Woodlands Texas, gaining familiarity of the project, and onboarding the candidate, followed by 6 months in an international EPC office, and ultimately in the State of Qatar for construction.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES, EXPERTISE & SKILLS
- Manages all construction activities as a leader of the Company Project Management team, executing on a Lump Sum Basis
- Reports directly to the Polyethylene Project Manager
- Direct reports will be a Deputy Area Construction Manager, who leads the technical discipline coordinators, and Company Area Project Engineers: leadership training, mentoring, advising, and coaching is key to the success of this position
- Provide construction oversight of all construction and pre-commissioning activities on site working very closely with the EPC contractor and all PMT members
- Champions the Safety and Quality culture for the site, working closely with EPC Lump Sum contractors supplying leadership to this position. Works from an oversight role vs directing role due to the lump sum nature.
- Ensure construction issues and conflicts are resolved in the best interest of the Company driving the lowest cost and shortest schedule options.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience with 6 to 10 years as Site Manager oversighting all activities on site; either as an Owner or EPC Construction Site Manager, or Construction Site Director.
- 25-30 years of EPC project experience with Petrochemicals Projects with progressive job responsibilities and supervision throughout their career.
- Work Experience in Middle East required with at least one Mega project of $2 billion within the last 10 years, lasting 3 or more years.
- Work Experience in Qatar and in Qatar Industrial Cities (preferred)
- Experience in construction of high voltage electrical installation and modularized substations preferred
- Familiarity in erection and testing of API tanks
- Familiarity in erection of Polyethylene process, extruders, bagging machines, and OSBL