We are working with one of our International Petrochemical Clients, they are headquartered in Houston, Texas.
Our client is currently seeking a Process Engineer to join the Ras Laffan Petrochemicals Project (RLPP) to support the design and construction of a 2,080 KTA Ethylene Cracker, a 1000 kMTA ASL Polyethylene unit and a 680 kMTA ADL Polyethylene unit, Product Bagging and Port infrastructure.
The Process Engineer is responsible for providing process design support for the RLPP as an integral part of the project team within the Utilities’ areas. The Process Engineer will actively participate in Detailed Design, Procurement and support the project team during Construction and Startup phases of the project. RLPP Utilities’ scope is diverse covering areas that includes steam, condensate, air, nitrogen, boiler feed water, potable water, wastewater, stormwater, cooling water, etc.
- Leads project team thru all aspects of technology selection, design basis, and process design
- Provides input and leads the review of contractor design of PFDs, P&IDs, plot plans, heat and material balances, process calculations, equipment datasheets, etc.
- Review and provide feedback on designs, equipment selections, and construction plans with other project team members
- Participate in project HAZOPs, alarm objective analysis, and project MOC HSE evaluations after HAZOP
- Leads process control, interlock, shutdown logic, DCS graphical display, alarm display design
- Review and approve necessary operations procedures and training from a project process perspective to include normal operation, startup, shutdown, environmental limits and emergency shutdown
- Participate in the MOC process by providing technical inputs and evaluating recommendations to ensure operational feasibility and compliance to safety standards
- Arrange process-related expert consulting services as needed
- Be a resource to construction team on overall plant design and philosophy
- Follow all process equipment installation to ensure according to purpose design (boilers, cooling towers, water treatment)
- Participates in PSSR and final acceptance of constructed facilities from contractor
- Ensure a safe startup by following tenets, all company and plant procedures, and using available technical resources
- Participates as startup team to ensure the plant is operating as designed and debugged
- Develop plan and test plant nameplate capacity and design limits to ensure successful commercial operation is possible and document results
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering
- At least 10 years of experience in petrochemical manufacturing or petrochemical projects
- At least 10 years of utilities engineering or operations experience including boilers, wastewater treatment, and cooling water systems
- Knowledge of industry design codes, process engineering tools, and practices
- Proficient with MS Office ( Powerpoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Commitment to meet and maintain COVID requirements for assignment locations
- Commitment and flexibility to work in international detailed engineering office and State of Qatar construction site
- Commitment to stay on the project through startup and stable operations
- Excellent leadership and team building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Previous Middle East mega project experience in a utilities, ethylene, or polyethylene build
- Experience in Wastewater Treatment technology including zero or “near zero liquid discharge”
- Proficiency with Microsoft Power Automate and/or Power BI
- Detailed Design will be performed internationally
- Construction of RLPP will be in Ras Laffan, Qatar