We are working with one of our International Petrochemical Clients, they are headquartered in Houston, Texas.
Our client is currently seeking Project Engineer(s) to join the Ras Laffan Petrochemicals Project (RLPP) to support the design and construction of a 1000 kMTA ASL Polyethylene unit and a 680 kMTA ADL Polyethylene unit, Bagging and Port infrastructure.
The Ras Laffan Petrochemical Project (RLPP) is the development of a new petrochemical plant in RLIC, Qatar. RLPP will include a 2,080 KTA ethylene cracker, two high-density polyethylene units, associated utilities, offsites, and pipelines, and a construction camp.
The Project Engineer is responsible for assuring design and engineering result in safe, reliable operations and the constructed facilities and equipment meet business unit, operations, process safety, maintenance, and environmental requirements. The Project Engineer will actively participate in Detailed Design, Procurement and support the project team during Construction and Startup phases of the project. The role requires collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to identify gaps, develop solutions, provide expert feedback, develop procedures, and produce a capital efficient facility.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure capital efficient design is implemented through each phase of project execution of the Project
- Responsible for overseeing the design, construction, and commissioning of the Polyethylene Process equipment such as the Unit Loop Reactors, Columns, Extruders, etc.
- Responsible for overseeing the design and construction of the Polyethylene bulk bagging, loading systems and port facilities.
- Ensure project technical and contract requirements are satisfied by monitoring and reviewing design outputs of contractor and vendors
- Ensure operations and maintenance requirements are satisfied
- Review and approve requisitions for inquiry and purchase of equipment
- Participate in kickoff meetings with critical vendors
- Ensure factory and site acceptance tests adequately check the equipment
- Participate in and coordinate specialist participation for equipment inspections at vendor shop for major equipment
- Coordinate and interface with external stakeholders
- Manage, coordinate and consolidate responses to queries, clarifications and document reviews from stakeholders
- Provide design and engineering input and recommendations considering capital costs, safety, environmental, operability, maintainability and reliability
- Coordinate with other disciplines (Instrumentations, electrical, civil, etc.) where cross-functional support is required
- Engage subject matter experts (SMEs) when needed
- Liaison with and provide input to Ethylene and Offsites personnel on technical issues
- Provide supports of 3D model reviews and process hazard reviews
- Ensure timely, high-quality contractor, subcontractor, and vendor deliverables are produced
- Advise project management of developments that could affect safety, quality, cost and schedule
- Assist in preparation of operations system for organizing and maintaining documentation necessary for operation
- Coordinate Company review of Management of Changes (MOC) and PHA Action Requests
- Responsible for overseeing the design, construction, commissioning, and start-up of the dilute and dense phase polymer transfer systems.
- Support Plant Operations in the start-up of the Polyethylene Process Equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in engineering with 10+ years of relevant experience required
- Previous capital project experience and/or working with an EPC contractor
- Ability to work with peers, company employees, and Contractors
- Must Have good trouble-shooting abilities
- Must be a self-starter with desire to lead and take responsibility
- Must have strong commitment to personnel and process safety
- Must have knowledge of Industry Standards
- Must have ability to work with peers, company employees, and Contractors
- Commitment to meet and maintain COVID requirements for location of detailed engineering
- Commitment and flexibility to work in the detailed engineering office
- Commitment to relocate internationally to engineering office and construction site
- Commitment to stay on the project through startup and stable operations
- Excellent leadership and team building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Previous HAZOP/LOPA experience
- ‘Grass roots” major capital project experience.
- Experience working with an EPC contractor(s)
- New asset commissioning experience
- Experience in Polyolefin Unit design, engineering and operation
- Detailed Design will be performed internationally
- Construction of RLPP will be in Ras Laffan, Qatar