We are working with one of our International Petrochemical Clients, they are headquartered in Houston, Texas.
Our client is currently seeking a Process Control Engineer to support the development of Detail Design, Procurement, Construction, and Startup phases of the Ras Laffan Petrochemicals Project. The Project includes an Ethylene Unit, Polyethylene Units, Buildings, Product Bagging, Port infrastructure, and associated utilities. This position will be located long term in either Asia or Europe (~18 Months), and then mobilizing to Qatar through the completion of the project. The total duration for this assignment is expected to be 46 months.
The Process Control Engineer is responsible for providing process control expertise and resources to meet the needs of the project, such as, the control philosophy and design of the Process Automation Systems (PAS). This individual will work closely with the project team, the EPC contractor, and the Main Automation Contractor (MAC).
The individual will assist and ensure the EPC Contractor performs the following activities as required and to Company’s Expectations:
- Supports the establishment of the client’s safety culture at the construction site.
- Support development of Operator Training Simulator (OTS) design, configuration, implementation, and testing.
- Support development requirement for interface for Advanced Process Control (APC)
- Support integration of all Vendor packages
- Ensures all the Instruments and Control systems shall be designed in accordance with the Instrument Design Basis and applicable Specifications.
- Performs necessary detailed oversight to verify and confirm the completeness of the requirements and tie-ins stated in the FEED Specifications with Company, the respective Vendors, and the Main Automation Contractor (MAC).
- Review all Instrument I/O Lists, P&IDs, Instrument Indexes, Alarm and Trip Lists, Cause and Effect Diagrams, Control Narratives, SIS/ESD/F&G Logic Diagrams, Cable Termination Details, Interconnection Diagrams, Instrument Loop Diagrams, drawings, specifications, and documents.
- Participates in Safety Studies such as HAZID, COA, AOA, HAZOP/LOPA, SIL, etc.
- Performs the necessary SIL assignments for all the Safety Instrumented Functions (for Process and Fire & Gas Functions) including that of packages using Company approved SIL assignments. Company shall participate in all the SIL assignment workshops which shall be chaired by a Company approved third Party Specialist Consultant.
- Performs Alarm studies for all Process Areas (including Packages) with a dedicated facilitator assigned by the Company to optimize and rationalize the ICSS alarms. Company's representatives shall participate in all the associated activities and workshops for AOA and Alarm Rationalization.
- Works with the Main Automation Contractor to identify and ensure all the necessary work is completed in a safe, effective, efficient, and seamless manner.
- Provides support to the EPC Contractor during Detailed Engineering phases of the project.
- Support instrument and control loop testing during construction and commissioning.
- B.S. in Engineering
- A minimum of 7 years experience in process control/process engineering on large/mega EPC projects
- Previous major capital project experience working with EPC Contractors and Automation Contractors
- Petrochemicals industry experience with experience in Ethylene facilities a plus.
- Knowledge of Industry Standards required
- Experience implementing and maintaining advanced regulatory control schemes, tuning strategies, and cascade control strategies.
- Demonstrative ability to interact effectively with internal and external organizations such as the Project Management Team, EPC contractor, Main Automation Contractor, and counterparts in the other areas such as: Ethylene and OSBL.